How can research support digital inclusive transformation?

Writter by: Laura Hernández Garvayo, Research Fellow, IE Social Innovation

At the very beginning, I was attracted to this project by its inclusive aspect: using technology and innovation to drive economic opportunity for the disadvantaged. Economic growth does not necessarily improve the welfare of all citizens as income inequalities have risen to unprecedented levels over the past decade, specially among the beneficiaries of this project: low/middle income small business owners in Madrid working alone in their businesses.

I was also impressed by its methodological rigor. The evaluation has consisted of a quantitative (using an quasi-experimental design) and a qualitative assessment (study case methodology). Prior to this, we made an extensive literature review to situate the project within the body of relevant literature and to provide a scientific context for it. This elements provided us with strong confidence with which to draw conclusions from the evaluation results.

The results of the evaluation are awesome. I invite the reader to follow up this blog to stay tunned with this project. I would just mention what I have liked the most of my activity as a researcher. Without a human touch, technology is along the ride.

No Comments

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.